Debian Squeeze was released 06.02.2011.
Please note that Wheezy is still in testing -stage. Debian Wheezy was released 04.05.2013
Just some quick steps how to do the upgrade (on your own risk).
aptitude update aptidude upgrade
- Copy /etc/apt/sources.list to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian-wheezy.list and replace squeeze with wheezy. Or copy them inside sources.list. Use whatever mirror which is closest to you.
deb http://ftp.fi.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main contrib non-free deb http://ftp.fi.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates main contrib non-free deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free
- Update repository
- Upgrade critical parts first – it will complain about libept1 – just let it be removed.
aptitude install dpkg apt aptitude
- (Dist-)upgrade rest
aptitude upgrade aptitude dist-upgrade
- IF YOU ARE STILL RUNNING UNDER XEN3.x:
Replace grub2 with grub1 (or just keep your old menu.lst at /boot/grub/)
aptitude purge grub-pc aptitude install grub-legacy
- Always check that /boot/grub/menu.lst or /boot/grub/grub.cfg exists and defaults to right kernel
- Reboot and hope for the best